In 1557, Fray Sebastián de Aparicio arrived in the city of Querétaro, where he arranged a whereabouts and inn for rest in his charitable and evangelical transit to and from the city of Zacatecas, in communication with Mexico City; This was also used by other people to transport the silver produced by that mining region.
Initially, he had dedicated himself to making carts, which were pulled by draft animals, tracing several roads to communicate Mexico City with different regions of the country, most of the time on the same trails used by the Indians or on the roads formed by the movement of carts, carriages, stagecoaches, pack animals and people on foot in the period after the arrival of the Spaniards. For this reason, Fray Sebastian de Aparicio is considered as the initiator of the transportation of people and merchandise in a more or less organized way for those distant times.
More than three centuries passed without significant advances in the form and means of transportation. The transportation of people and merchandise was carried out with great difficulties until the introduction of the railroad in 1850; in 1882, the first Mexico-Queretaro train was launched; in 1903, the Nuevo Laredo train; and in 1916, the Mexico-Guadalajara train.
The first automobiles arrived in Mexico in 1898 through El Paso, Texas; although it is said that in 1895 adjustments were already being made to the first automobile imported to Mexico; the automotive boom took hold in 1926, when Ford inaugurated its Assembly and Finishing Plant in Mexico City.
Later, when our beloved homeland suffered the deplorable aftermath of the First World War and the Mexican Revolution, experiencing the so-called «Cristeros War», the first automotive vehicles appeared in the State of Guanajuato (1920-1930).
On November 12, 1932, the Bajío of Guanajuato and, more precisely, the city of León, Guanajuato, witnessed the departure of a passenger truck that, having parked in front of number 102 Belisario Domínguez Street, left for Irapuato at 7:30 am. That moment marked the birth of the Flecha Amarilla Symbol.
At the end of the 1930’s, the «León-Querétaro Line» was formed as successor to the «León-Irapuato Line» and on April 18, 1942, most of the truck drivers from the state of Guanajuato joined the «León-Querétaro Line» to form Autobuses Flecha Amarilla Line «León-Querétaro». On June 18, 1948, after intense negotiations, an agreement was reached to merge with the «Línea México-Querétaro-San Luis Potosí y Anexas, Flecha Roja», forming «Autobuses Flecha Amarilla, S.A. de C.V.» on September 3, 1948; and having changed its registered office to the city of Querétaro. In 1954 «Autobuses Centrales de México, Flecha Amarilla S.A. de C.V.» was incorporated and registered on February 19, 1958.
Many events occurred later: in 1954 the acquisition of the first two half-use integral buses; on February 11, 1961, the signing of the first collective work contract; the same year, the entry of the first three new integral buses; On January 30, 1965, a new change of registered office, returning to León, Gto; on July 23, 1965, the constitution of the Flecha Amarilla real estate company; on August 11, 1968, the inauguration of the «Centro de Capacitación de Operadores de Flecha Amarilla», first in this specialty throughout the republic; from 1968 to 1971, the incorporation, enrollment or merger of the «Cooperativa Estrella de Occidente y Ciénega de Chapala», which served the city of Guadalajara.
In 1971 «Servicios Directos» began, which in 1986 changed to «Servicios Expresos» and since 1991 to «Primera Plus». From 1972 to 1985 the affiliation of companies continued at a faster pace: Transportes de Cortazar, Turismos Allende, Sur de Jalisco, Autobuses de la Piedad, Ómnibus del Bajío, Autotransportes La Alteña, Cooperativa Colima-Tecomán-Cerro de Ortega, Ómnibus de Jorullo, Transportes Colimenses, Autobuses de la Costa, Autotransportes Paracho, Flecha de Oro and Ómnibus Flecha Blanca; some of these and others not mentioned, now legally disappeared.
In 1986 «Servicios Coordinados» was created and Transportes Cuerámaro and Autotransportes Puruándiro-Irapuato were incorporated; in 1987 the Unión de Permisionarios de Autobuses Azules y Triángulo became affiliated; on November 19, 1985, Transportes Turísticos del Bajío, TTUR was founded; On August 26, 1985, the terms of the Board of Directors were extended to three years and on April 28, 1988, the creation of the position of Corporate General Manager was approved; on March 19, 1991, Primera Plus began operations as an Executive Service and, one day later, on March 20 of the same year, «Enlaces Terrestres Nacionales S. A de C.V.» (ETN) in the luxury mode; Destinos Parhikuni, began operations on January 7, 1992 in the Michoacán area. Autobuses Regionales de Querétaro, began operating on November 30 of the same year; Ómnibus Libertadores del Bajío, began operating on the following December 15; Autobuses Unidos de Jalisco, Costa Alegre, began operating on June 12, 1992; and in that same month the companies Transportes Turísticos Azteca de Oro and Líneas Aztecas de Oro were incorporated.
These are the dates of the most important events that took place up to 1992, without forgetting the inauguration on September 4, 1992 of the «Complejo Flecha Amarilla» with the realization of a very important event, which served as a framework for the celebration of the 60th anniversary of the appearance of the «Símbolo Flecha Amarilla» and the 50th anniversary of the founding of «Autobuses Flecha Amarilla».
The changes have been accelerated, which has led us to take a fast pace to be at the height of a world-class company, so we have had to implement administrative and operational systems according to our current needs, including technological innovation and infrastructure; also making the necessary investments to move forward. For this reason, 80 years after its foundation, Flecha Amarilla continues to be one of the national leaders in the trucking sector, giving priority to excellence in service.